With this Almond Paleo Cream Cheese you can make simple little tweaks to dramatically change the taste and what the cream cheese can be used for. Personally plain almond cream cheese is fantastic on it’s own, though some people prefer different flavours in their cheese for different types of foods. Here are a few that I have found most popular and delicious;
- Herb and spices like garlic, rosemary, or thyme make for a savoury cream cheese and excellent for raw vegetables.
- If choosing to have alternative sweetener in your paleo diet lifestyle add just a little bit with vanilla and serve with fresh fruit.
- When blending ingredients you may also try 1 tablespoon of raw honey with a bit of vanilla for a sweet cream cheese, excellent for using on baked good like muffins, cakes and all types of banana breads.
- Chopped scallions added to this cream cheese is wonderful for snacks such as kale, brussel sprouts, sweet potato chips.
1 cup raw almonds
1/3 – 1/2 cup filtered water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
- Soak almonds in filtered water overnight or 8 hours. Drain and rinse almonds.
- Blanch soaked almonds by pouring very hot water on them and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skins by pinching the almonds between your fingers.
- In blender or food processor goes blanched almonds, water, salt, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth. Pour and scoop out of blender or food processor and put in to an air tight container.