Now of all the paleo banana bread recipes I have tried and failed, this one is the most delicious, moist, and full of outstanding flavour that I have come a crossed. Just the right amount of sweetness from the banana with delightful hint of coconut from the flour and oil. There are a lot of substitutes you could use in this recipe in terms of different nut butters and flours. With which every you decide to use the flavours are still amazing. This paleo banana bread recipe is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Quick note: If you are going to use sunflower seed butter, regardless if you store it in an air tight container in the fridge or on the counter, it will start to change the colour of the bread to a green/blue colour. This is caused by a reaction between the sunflower seed butter and baking powder and baking soda. It still has the same terrific taste.
4 (575 grams) bananas
1/2 cup (140 grams) almond butter (can use coconut, sunflower seed, macadamia nut etc.)
4 tablespoons coconut oil (can use gras-fed butter, melted)
1/2 cup (75 grams) coconut flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder (homemade recipe )
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine your bananas, eggs, nut butter, and coconut oil in a blender, food processor, or mixing bowl with good old fashioned elbow grease and mix until well combined.
- When all of your ingredients are blended, in separate bowl combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well.
- Add dry mixture in to wet mixture. Mix until combined well.
- Pour your batter in a silicon pan and spread it evenly or 9 inch loaf pan can be used. Simply grease the loaf pan, then line with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack.
If you want to make this recipe in to regular size muffins. Using the exact same recipe, grease your muffin tin and divide batter equally in to each well and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Mini muffins the baking time will be roughly 25 minutes. Make sure to check with a toothpick, should come out clean when fully cooked.by