Almond butter is what makes these brownies perfectly dense and chewy. They melt in your mouth when eaten warm right out of the oven. After experimenting with several paleo brownie mixes, this one tops the list by far. They come out of the oven moist and chewy. If you are someone who likes the outside edge of brownies, you might want to bake them a few extra minutes. Have never had a brownie this good that came from a box. There is no added sugar and flour, actually there isn’t any flour in the recipe at all, even gluten-free flour.
1 cup almond butter, smooth
1/3 cup maple syrup (natural, raw, sugar-free maple syrup)
2 tbsp ghee
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, syrup, egg, ghee, and vanilla.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the brownie is done, but still soft in the middle.
Number of Servings: 6by