This Paleo Wheat Bread is not your typical dense or heavy bread. It is fluffy and light, it can be toasted making it a great choice for breakfast. Perfect for sandwiches and even holds up terrifically if you wanted to toss some olive oil and diced tomatoes up and bake it in the oven for a healthy mid-afternoon snack. This Paleo Wheat Bread recipe is a true gem as it does not taste of a bread substitute, it tastes as though you are eating true wheat bread without all the harmful additives.
1 ½ cup Arrowroot Powder
1 cup Flaxseed Meal*
4 Egg Whites
4 Tbsp Walnut Oil
1 ½ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
4 tsp Baking Powder**
2 tsp Coconut Vinegar
Coconut Oil or Coconut Oil Spray
*For more of a wheat tasting bread, use regular flaxseed meal. For something a little lighter, try golden flaxseed meal.
**See Paleo Baking Powder Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine Arrowroot powder, Flaxseed meal, coarse sea salt, and baking powder.
- Combine in separate bowl eggs, egg whites, walnut oil, and coconut vinegar. Then add all wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spray or rub your bread loaf pan down with the coconut oil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Number of Servings: 4