If you are looking for a quick and simple recipe to make for breakfast, this is definitely the way to go. Now for me personally eggs are quite filling, so I also try to incorporate them in to my breakfast or brunch meals. With my garden producing a ton of fresh tomatoes, it was a no-brainer to make something with them. If you are someone that is not an overly huge fan of tomatoes, bell peppers, even ham slices, bacon can be made in to cup shapes using a muffin tin ad be substituted for the tomato. This Baked Egg And Tomato Paleo Breakfast is gluten-free, vegetarian, and low carb. With the entire recipe only containing 10.4 grams of carbs. Serve with a lovely slice of toasted Gluten-Free Paleo Bread, Basic Paleo Bread Loaf, or Fluffy Paleo “Wheat” Bread they are all such fantastic recipes that I am sure you will for sure find one that you find most enjoyable to dip in to you breakfast eggs.
2 medium/large fresh tomatoes, preferably beefsteak
2 large eggs
1 tsp fresh dill, chopped, divided
1/2 tsp fresh italian parsley, chopped
sea salt, to taste
cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes off. With a spoon, scoop out all the tomato innards.
- Put a half a tsp of chopped up dill in the bottom of the tomato, then crack an egg in each hollowed-out tomato.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Dust with minced parsley and other half a tsp of dill, salt & pepper.