This recipe can be an excellent dish to have for a light breakfast, snack or as a deliciously healthy dessert. The biggest decisions with this recipe is whether to use chunky or smooth paleo almond butter. Below I link homemade recipes for both types of almond butter. To change things up from time to time you can use optional ingredients on top such as; coconut flakes, nuts (whole or crushed), cacao, pure natural honey, or any type of dried (raisins, cranberries) or fresh fruit of your personal preference.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. The peel can be left on or remove it from the banana.
- Using a butter knife, cut about ½” deep down the length of your banana.
- With the back of a spoon, widen the cut to make room for the almond butter.
- Spoon the almond butter throughout the opening in the banana.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Wrap completely in aluminium foil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes or until it is cool enough to handle.