The amazing thing about this recipe is that it is high in protein, yet light enough to have as a small lunch, snack, and even a appetizer. When serving these Barbecue Paleo Chicken Wraps for lunch a terrific side to add to this dish is a nice bowl of sliced apples and strawberries mixed with fresh grapefruit juice. When it comes to the wraps themselves there are many more topping ingredients that can be added to these Barbecue Paleo Chicken Wraps for instance; sliced bell peppers, cucumber, shredded carrot, diced tomatoes, sliced onions etc. Other types of toppings that are a great additions to this recipe, which I have tried are; Paleo sour cream, Paleo Guacamole, tomato avocado paleo salsa, spicy pineapple paleo salsa, along with many many other options definitely available by click here Paleo Diet Plan this will take you to all the condiments, salsas and dressing recipes available on my site.
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cooled
4 butter lettuce leaves, large
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
5oz tomato paste
1 cup natural apple juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon hickory smoke spice
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, add more for more kick
- Add all ingredients for barbecue sauce to saucepan and simmer on medium/low heat for 30 minutes. When finished, set a side and let cool completely.
- Wash and dry butter lettuce leaves, set a side.
- In medium bowl using a fork, pull apart chicken breasts into bite sized shreds.
- Mix the barbecue sauce in to bowl with shredded chicken breast, mix until chicken is well coated.
- Lay out butter lettuce leaves and top with barbecue chicken. Serve.
Number of Servings: 2 per person.by