Looking for a basic but tasty loaf bread for that to die for french toast? Look no further, with its mix of delicious flavours, yet light, while still having a wonderful texture this bread is excellent for any occasion.
2 cups almond meal
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup chestnut flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
7 eggs, divided, room temperature
1/3 cup almond milk or coconut milk
2 tbsps honey or maple syrup, slightly warmed, natural and raw
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Grease the bottom and sides of an 8.5″ x 4.5″ bread loaf pan (or similar size) and line the bottom with parchment. Grease the parchment.
- Place almond meal, tapioca flour, chestnut flour, soda, and salt in a food processor and briefly pulse until consistent.
- Add the coconut oil, egg yolks and milk and process just until the mixture is smooth. Add honey and blend.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until firm but still wet.
- Blend about 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the almond mixture to lighten it somewhat (it will still be a rather thick paste).
- Fold the remainder of the egg whites and almond mixture into one another. Be careful to not over mix the batter!
- Transfer to the prepared pan. Gently smooth the top of the batter to even it out.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until set. Check the loaf about half way through the bake time. If your loaf is browning too quickly you can cover it with foil and continue baking. Cool on rack.