Breakfast is the meal of the day that can get repetitive in terms of eating the same meals, using the same recipes. With this breakfast paleo stir-fry, it is extremely versatile you do not need to stick with the same vegetables every time you make this recipe. The sausage can also be swapped for a different type of meat depending on what you feel like or have on hand. Now with the eggs, there are so many ways to cook eggs that keep them from getting boring. If you are like me an not a fan of runny yolks, I would suggest giving over easy a try with this recipe, when the egg is place on top of the stir-fry and the yolk runs into the stir-fry mix it adds just a delicious flavour and texture to the entire meal.
- Add coconut oil to a heated pan.
- Add leeks, carrots and garlic. Sautee until translucent
- Add sausage and cook until browned.
- In a separate pan cook 4 eggs, to your preference.
- Reduce heat and toss in spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted.
- If choosing to fry the eggs over easy, sunny side up, serve them over a bed of the stir-fry. If choosing to scramble after spinach is wilted mix in the cooked leeks, carrots, garlic, and sausage with eggs.
- The optional Paleo Teriyaki Sauce or Paleo Soy Sauce not both, can be added during step 3 with an additional teaspoon on top after plated.