In the colder months there is nothing better to end your day then a nice big bowl of warm soup. Also makes for a delicious cold soup for lunches. If you are like me you usually make large batches to last you the week and spice them up a bit as you go through the week. Now broccoli soup is wonderfully nutritious, simple to make and taste even better. To add some different flavours and change things up, other vegetables can be added during the initial making or after when you separate in to containers for the week ahead. Vegetables like; asparagus, cauliflower, leeks, and the list of healthy and nutritious vegetables could go on and on. Leave a comment below with the combination you used and prefer.
1 cup cashews, raw and soaked
1 tsp honey, raw and natural
2 cup paleo vegetable broth
2 cup broccoli, chopped
½ tbsp avocado oil
1 avocado, medium
1 garlic clove
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1⁄4 tsp cumin, dried
- Heat the avocado oil in a pot and cook the garlic for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and broth, increase the heat to medium-high, and cover.
- Let the broccoli steam for 5 – 6 minutes until tender.
- Pour into a blender and add avocado, honey, cumin, and cashews and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add salt, pepper to taste. Blend once more.
- Serve hot or cold.