A terrific appetizer when hosting guests, even great to pack for a cold lunch. These chicken poppers are quick and easy to throw together, as long as you have a batch of cooked chicken at the ready. When living a paleo diet lifestyle especially being newer to paleo, I find it very important to keep cooked chicken on hand at all times.
6 Mini peppers, seeded and halved
1 cup Chicken, cooked and shredded
3 tbsp Onion, diced
1 tbsp Lousiana Red Sauce (or favorite “clean” hot sauce)
1 tbsp ghee, or coconut oil (your preferance)
2 Hard boiled eggs, diced
Ground black pepper (for garnish)
- In a small bowl, mix together shredded chicken, onion, and hard boiled eggs.
- In a small dish, melt ghee or coconut oil and mix it with the hot sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken mixture and combine well.
- Spoon chicken mixture into pepper halves.
- Garnish with fresh ground black pepper and a dash or two of red sauce.
Number of Servings: 4by