These delicious little doggies definitely tasted like cajun corn dogs even though no corn is involved, they can be modified to suit you or your guests personal taste. The good thing about using cauliflower rice in this recipe is that any and all spice you use will change the taste of just plain cauliflower. Great appetizers, snacks, lunch even a nice side to a hearty dinner. When making these making extra is always a must, storing in an air tight container for up to a week making them wonderful for that mid-afternoon snack cold or reheated. Serve with favourite dipping sauce.
12 mini sausages, Cajun spiced ones can use plain or other kinds (make sure they are nitrate free)
1 cup cauliflower rice (only follow step 1)
¼ cup coconut flour,
2 eggs, beaten.
1 ½ tbsp coconut oil, melted.
1 tbsp red pepper sauce (more or less red pepper sauce can be added depending on your spicy prefernece)
½ tsp ground mustard powder.
¼ tsp smoked paprika, or paprika.
¼ tsp sea salt.
⅛ tsp chili powder.
1 to 2 tsp minced jalapeños or mild chilies
½ tsp baking soda + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed in a separate pinch bowl (will be very fizzy).
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Put cauliflower florets into the food processor and process until rice texture forms, or can grate it
- In large mixing bowl combine: cauliflower rice, coconut flour, eggs, coconut oil, melted, red pepper sauce, ground mustard, paprika, sea salt, chili powder, minced jalapenos or chilies, and baking soda-vinegar mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place a small spoonful of cauliflower batter on the baking sheet, then smash flat with spoon. Repeat 12 times
- Take mini sausages and press one dog into each battered section on the baking sheet
- Place another spoonful of batter on top of each dog. Use fingers and hands to squish batter around and cover sausages.
- Then used the back of spoon to smooth a little. Once sausages are covered and shaped, they can go into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 23 minutes, or until top are somewhat firm, and browning.
- Remove, cool, and serve with favourite dipping sauce.