Personally I am a huge burger fan, and since starting the paleo diet lifestyle I have been determined to still enjoy my burgers with out the buns, cheese, and getting bored of a plain burger patty with toppings. This Chicken Caesar Paleo Burger is a perfect take on a de-constructed Caesar salad. Recently I have also tried using two portobello mushrooms grilled on the BBQ as a buns, it was fantastic definitely worth giving a try. More toppings can be added to this burger to suite your personal taste.
1 lb ground chicken
2 tbsp onion, minced
1⁄2 tbsp capers, chopped
1⁄2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1⁄2 tbsp coconut aminos
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Paleo cooking fat
Romaine lettuce leaves
Tomato, sliced thinly
Red onion, sliced thinly
2 Portobello Mushroom
- For the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside, or store in refrigerator until using.
- For the burgers, gently mix all of the ingredients into a bowl and form 4 equally sized patties.
- Heat a grill pan or skillet with a small amount of cooking fat over a medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the chicken patties and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the centre reaches 165 degrees and the juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers on a bed of romaine topped with Caesar dressing, and tomato slices or onion if you’d like.
- Store any remaining dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.