With this Chicken Cauliflower Paleo Casserole a binder is not required. When cooking cauliflower there are many types of ways to cook it. Roasting seems to be the best method as it has the most flavour, however, for certain recipes like this casserole it is best to boil or steam the cauliflower. This way all the individual spices in this recipe will soak up in to the cauliflower when it is baking in the oven. As well as take on all the other ingredients flavours.
one head of cauliflower
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
one red bell pepper, chopped
one green bell pepper, chopped
1 cup green onions, chopped
1 tsp chile powder
1 tbsp Southwest Chipotle seasoning
½ tsp cumin
3 chicken breasts, chopped
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 roma tomato, chopped
3 tbsp cilantro
sea salt, to taste
extra virgin olive oil or bacon fat for sauteing
Italian Seasoned Paleo Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Steam for 5-7 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, cook chicken in skillet over medium-high heat, using drizzled extra virgin olive oil to cook.
- Cook 6 strips of bacon. Set aside, and use small amount of grease from bacon to sauté bell peppers. Sauté for 3 minutes, then add green onion and garlic. Sauté additional 2 minutes.
- Into a mixing bowl, stir cauliflower, chili powder, cumin, chipotle seasoning, and salt. Once stirred, add sautéed veggies, chicken, bacon, tomato, and cilantro.
- Pour mixture into dish. Add optional Italian Seasoned Paleo Bread Crumbs if choosing to use then bake for 20 minutes. Serve.
Number of Servings: 4by