Along with many food that we tend to cut out of our diets when starting a paleo diet lifestyle, candies and candy bars are among the highest of what we find ourselves craving. This chocolate paleo almond butter cups taste so much like the traditional peanut butter cups, but without all the ingredients we are trying to keep out of our systems. Such an enjoyable treat you will always have them on hand in the freezer.
1/4 cup Raw cacao powder
1/4 cup Coconut oil (liquid)
2 tbsp Honey (or maple syrup both must be raw, natural, sugar-free if possible)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 cup Smooth Almond Butter
- Use a whisk to stir together the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Continue whisking while adding the cacao powder until the chocolate is well blended.
- Add paper muffin cups to a muffin tin.
- Pour enough chocolate into the cups to just coat the bottom. Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and add a layer of almond butter on top of the chocolate.
- Cover each cup with remaining chocolate to cover the almond butter. Smooth as much as possible.
- Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. Remove the paper and server.
- Store in the freezer as they chocolate will melt at room temperature.
Number of Servings: 6 cupsby