Whether you are hosting a dinner party or just have a couple of good friends over for lunch, these crispy coconut shrimp with mango ginger dip is perfect for any occasion. It can be served as a appetizer, snack, or even a main dish. The spiciness from the jalapeno in the dip really adds a wonderful contrast to the sweetness of the mango. If personally you do not like spice, this dip is absolutely delicious with the jalapeno being omitted.
1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 egg whites
4 tbsp tapioca starch
1 cup shredded coconut
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for the mango sauce:
1 cup mango, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup coconut milk
1-2 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 jalapeño, thinly minced
1 tbsp honey, raw and natural
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Line a pan with a wire rack.
- Add the tapioca starch to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the egg whites in a second bowl, and the shredded coconut in a third bowl. Line all the bowls up on your counter top in order of tapioca starch, egg whites, then coconut.
- One shrimp at a time, dredge in tapioca starch, then egg whites, then coconut. Place on the wire rack.
- Once all the shrimp are covered in all three mixtures and on the wire rack, place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes on each side for a total of 20 minutes.
- While the shrimp are cooking, combine the mango, lime juice, jalapeño, coconut milk, ginger, and honey in a blender. Blend until you get a smooth sauce.
- Serve the shrimp hot with the mango sauce.