Salsa is a universal condiment for any lifestyle. It can be a wonderful addition to many different meals to being terrific flavour in a safe paleo diet friendly manner. The unique taste of all the ingredients after being roasted on the bbq really transform the taste of the salsa from the traditional flavour of non fire roasted salsa.
2 lbs. Roma tomatoes
1 jalapeño pepper
1 large white or red onion, sliced
1 large green bell pepper, cored and halved
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
¼ tsp cumin
½ tsp oregano
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, green bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Grill the vegetables until blackened on all sides, 10 to 15 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a food processor and pulse until desired consistency is achieved.
- Transfer the salsa to a bowl. Add the cumin, the lime juice, the oregano, the cilantro, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Give everything a good stir.
- Refrigerate or serve warm right away.