You may be think, is this Flour-Less Chocolate Paleo Brownie really different from the previously post Paleo Brownie, however, this recipe uses quite a few different ingredients with its secret ingredient. Now bet that you are feeling pretty hesitant with seeing shredded zucchini as the first ingredients. Let me just reassure you that this Flour-less Chocolate Paleo Brownie will not taste like a vegetable filled dessert. What zucchini brings to this recipe is a rich and soft texture with lots of chocolatey flavour. A lot of people add nut or coconut flours to dessert recipes like this in exchange of regular and whole wheat flour, but there are people that live a paleo diet lifestyle that have trouble with either the coconut or the nut flour, where as some either do not like coconut or certain nuts. Guarantee that these would be a hit with friends and family even the little picky eaters of the family.
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup almond butter, smooth
1 ½ cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup raw honey, natural
¼ cup applesauce, homemade
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Prepare a pan with parchment paper or grease the pan.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and process.
- Pour the brownie mixture into prepared pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Wait until the brownies are cool before cutting and removing from the pan.