1 cup almond flour/meal, ground
2 tbsp blackstrap molasses, make sure to check label for any non-paleo ingredients.
1 tsp cinnamon, ground
3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1 tsp ginger, ground
¼ tsp nutmeg, ground
½ tsp cloves, ground
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt, fine grain
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and place a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a bowl combine almond flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix coconut oil, blackstrap molasses and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well until a dough forms. May need to add a couple of tbsp of almond flour if the dough is too wet or couple tbsp of water if it is too dry.
- Scoop one tablespoon of mixture, drop onto the lined baking sheet and press down to form into cookie shapes.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then place cookies onto a rack and let cool completely.