Now I know what you are thinking, why not just buy a box of chicken stock from the grocery store that is organic and no salt added? Guess what, it still contains ingredients that are not paleo diet friendly such as; canola or soybean oil, dextrose, and flavour. With this recipe you can be in control of every ingredient that goes in to your broth. Recipes like this chicken broth can be made in advanced and stored properly or even frozen can be used for later days. Always a good idea to have extra of this recipe on hand, you never know when you might need chicken broth.
2 pounds chicken breast
2 quasrts cold water
1 large whole onion, diced
2 large carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 bay leaves, whole
4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- Combine chicken, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf in a large stockpot; pour water into pot.
- Bring to a gentle simmer over medium-low heat, being careful not to let the mixture come to a boil.
- Once simmering, skim off any foam or impurities that accumulate on the surface of the water and reduce the heat to low.
- Gently simmer the mixture on low for 6 hours, skimming off any foam as needed.
- Remove stockpot from heat and let cool for 1 hour.
- Pour stock through a fine strainer and transfer to food-safe containers.