The good thing about this Lobster Salad With Avocado is that it is not limited to the ingredients that were used in this specific recipe. More vegetables and even fruit can be added to suit the preferences of who is going to be enjoying it like red pepper, mango, even pineapple. Making it perfect to have as a health, delicious and hearty snack, spreading some of this wonderfully fresh Lobster Salad With Avocado on a slice of magnificent paleo bread to make for a hearty lunch sandwich.
4 8oz. lobster tails
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1⁄3 cup homemade mayonnaise
1⁄3 cup celery, finely chopped
1 1⁄2 tbsp. chives, finely chopped
3 tbsp. lemon juice
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Romaine lettuce leaves for serving
Paleo Bread, Such as; Basic Bread loaf or Fluffy “Wheat” Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Fill a large pot with water and add salt, bring to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil, prepare a large ice-water bath that will fit all of the lobster tails.
- Add the lobster tails to the boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the shells turn bright red.
- Remove the tails from the boiling water and immediately transfer to the ice-water bath. Let them sit for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Cut the tails in half lengthwise to remove the meat from the shell. Then cut the lobster meat into bite sized pieces. Pat dry and place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to cool down the lobster even more.
- Next, combine the mayonnaise, celery, chives, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste in a medium sized bowl.
- Once cooled, add the lobster to the mixture and gently mix to combine. Place back in the refrigerator for another 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to meld.
- Chill and serve the lobster salad topped with avocado on a slice of paleo bread or over lettuce leaves.