This No Bake Salted Paleo Caramel Squares are the perfect treat for any family and friends gathering, bake sales, or just to have on hand for those days and nights that a sudden sweet and salty craving hits. Now if you have the Homemade Paleo Caramel and Homemade Paleo Dark Chocolate Sauce on hand this recipe is so very quick and easy. Even if you do not and need to make it all together in one day/evening it is still quite easy to make just a few more steps involved. When it comes to adding the coarse sea salt it is an ingredient that can be left out if your personal taste is not one for a saltier treat and more of just a sweet and savoury.
125 grams of Paleo Graham Crackers
caramel sauce, see recipe below
dark chocolate sauce, see recipe below
Sea salt for topping
Homemade Paleo Caramel Sauce:
1 cup coconut sugar
2 T coconut oil or ghee
Homemade Paleo Dark Chocolate:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Layer a large baking tray or cookie sheet with 1 layer of tin foil and 1 layer of parchment paper. Cover evenly with the graham crackers, set aside.
- Make the caramel sauce by heating a saucepan with the water and sugar until it begins to boil. Ensure you stir the mixture constantly. Add the sea salt and coconut oil or ghee and continue stirring on medium heat until it thickens and remove from the heat.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the crackers until they are all evenly covered. Grind course sea salt over it and set aside in freezer while making the dark chocolate sauce.
- Make the dark chocolate by heating the coconut oil in the saucepan until melted. Add the vanilla essence and slowly sift in the cacao powder and stir very well until fully incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the crackers and caramel sauce evenly and add more salt. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until it firms up completely. Cut the no bake salted paleo caramel into rough square pieces.