Very easy and delightful, a perfect recipe for the abundant apple season. This desserts flavour relies on the apples, they can range from sweet to tart and everything in between. McIntosh and Golden Delicious as a combination in this paleo apple crisp is an excellent mix, the McIntosh is sweet yet juicy and breaks down when baked. The Golden Delicious’ are more on the tart side and soften a little when baked however, they still give off a crispy texture. Definitely at its best when served warm to hot. After one taste, you’ll want to make it again and again.
4 apples, chopped
½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
¾ cup pecan halves, chopped
¾ cup sliced almonds
¾ cup raisins
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¾ cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place apples in a bowl and pour the orange juice over the apples.
- Mix and toss together to make sure the apples are well-coated. Now place coated apples in prepared baking dish.
- Combine pecans, cranberries, walnuts, raisins, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg in a food processor. Pulse until
- Spread the nut mixture over the apple mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Cool a few minutes, serve warm to hot.