Do you find yourself reading all the labels on all the different brands of apple sauce in the grocery store, trying to find maybe that one brand that hopefully does not contain a bunch of preservatives you cannot pronounce? With this recipe you no longer have to worry about that. Apple Sauce has become the new popular ingredient to substitute for dairy products in baked goods. Making extra Paleo Apple Sauce recipe will really come in hand, not only to be used in baked goods, but as well it goes great with other dishes such as pork chops for example. Just be sure to store it properly in an air tight container.
3 lbs. assorted apples, peeled and sliced
¼ cup water
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter), cut into small pieces
½ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Pinch of coarse salt
6 tbsp raw honey, natural
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- In a baking dish, combine the apples, water, honey, lemon juice, ghee, and salt.
- Place in the oven and roast 30 minutes or until the apples are very soft.
- In a big bowl, purée the apple using a hand mixer or food mill. You can also use a blender or food processor to achieve the same result.
- Stir in the spices and serve while still warm or once cold.
Number of Servings: 4by