With this avocado chicken salad, you could use paleo mayonnaise for a creamier chicken salad or if you do not like avocados as not everyone has a taste for them. This paleo avocado chicken salad recipe has a excellent source of protein and healthy fats. Goes excellently on paleo breads, a few lettuce leaves to make for a light lunch, or even on its own. Makes for a great lunch meal and a dinner side, which ever you are in the mood for.
4 Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Sea salt
1 tbsp Avocado oil
2 Tomatoes, small, diced
1/2 Red onion, diced
1 Lime, juice only
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken thighs in a glass baking dish.
- Season with chili powder, cumin and sea salt.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Add chicken to preheated oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. Set aside to cool. (This can be done ahead of time)
- In a mixing bowl, add the avocado. Use the back of a fork to mash it slightly. You want some bits of avocado and some creamy.
- Add the tomato, onion, and lime juice.
- Add the chicken. Stir to combine.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper. Serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap pressed directly on top of the salad in order to prevent avocado browning.