When it comes to snacking, for me, It is between meals, long road trips or even just needing a little something to munch on. These baked cinnamon apple slices are really great to keep on hand. Of course you can choose any type of apple you personally prefer. The second time around of making this recipe, instead of using two of the same apples I mixed it up by doing 1 granny smith and 1 golden delicious. My goodness was it just amazing. With both apples being green skinned it was a nice surprise with each one you eat as you are unknowing which apple you will get the tart granny smith or the sweet and savoury golden delicious. Warm right out of the oven or cooled and crisp you truly cannot go wrong with this wonderful recipe.
1-2 apples of your choice
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If you wish to de-core the apple prior to slicing that is fine if not discard seeds after slicing. Using a sharp knife or mandolin, slice apples thinly.
- Arrange apple slices on prepared baking sheet making sure slices do not overlapping.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apples. More than 1 tsp may be needed depending on how many apples are used.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, then flip. Continue baking for 1-2 hours, flipping occasionally, until the apple slices are no longer moist. Store in airtight container.
*Remember that baking time varies by oven and on how thick or thin slices are cut.*by