What a better way to get your day off to a deliciously bright start with these easy paleo breakfast stuffed peppers. Whether you’re looking for something new to do with your eggs, or just a simple alternative to your rotation of breakfast meals, the variety of vegetables you can use are endless. If you do not have the ones in this recipe on hand do not be afraid to play with a different mix of vegetables you have in your fridge. Adding ham or bacon for a hearty breakfast or leave it with just the eggs for a lighter meal to start the day. If you can’t eat eggs or just don’t like them, you could also substitute ground meat or loose sausage meat for the eggs. For a added twist for lunch one day try adding some Fresh Paleo Crushed Tomatoes to a lipped baking sheet. Serving the breakfast stuffed peppers with a spoonful of the crushed tomatoes on top. Absolutely Delicious!
4 bell peppers, sliced in half length wise, core and seeds removed
8 eggs, beaten
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 onions, diced
3 cups baby spinach
1 tomato, diced
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. olive oil or you preferred cooking fat/oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Optional: Bacon, ham, and/or sausage
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-heat.
- Sauté the onion until soft, about 4 minutes, then add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until witted, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Divide the vegetable mixture equally among the bell pepper halves, Top off each bell pepper half with some of the beaten eggs, and add the meat of your choice, if using.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the oven, on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Number of Servings: 4