With the many ways to cook cauliflower, makes this amazing vegetable incredibly versatile. It is outstanding how cauliflower really picks up all the wonderful flavours that you are cooking with. In the winter cauliflower is excellent to have on hand as a lot of other vegetables are out of season. Just by adding cauliflower to your recipes can add new depths to any of your meals that need a pick me up. When roasting the cashews for the garnish, make sure to keep an eye on them as they can go from warming to burnt in mere moments. If you absolutely love making homemade soups and experimenting with different types of spices like me, this cauliflower soup really hits the spot. The roasted cauliflower and curry spices are absolutely mouth watering, leaving you and your guests wanting more.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
3 cups chicken stock *
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup roasted cashews
2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
*Paleo Chicken Stock
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread out the onion and cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes until golden, stirring once.
- Place the cauliflower and onions in a large pot and add the chicken stock. Stir in the coriander, turmeric, cumin, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree ingredients in the pot until smooth. Alternatively, carefully transfer to a blender. Pour back in to pot.
- Stir in the coconut milk and warm the soup to serve. Taste to adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve with roasted cashews and top with parsley.
Number of Servings: 3-4by