Fruit cake is usually a dessert that comes around at Christmas in my house. On occasions it can also be used as a healthier alternative to birthday cake, if you are a family that does happen to have a lot of. Always a good idea to never have to many baked goodies on hand in my house and seeing how the family ate the last of the Strawberry Banana Paleo Bread With Almond Flour, figured this was a great opportunity to dry and use up a bunch of fruit I recently bough and make this delicious recipe for paleo diet friendly fruit cake.
1 ½ cups almond flour
½ cup tapioca flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 cup honey, raw and natural
1 cup ghee
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dates, chopped
2 cups raisins
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup assorted dry fruits of your choice (mango, apricots, cranberry etc)
½ tsp sea salt
Nuts of choice (Pecans, Cashews, Almonds etc), Chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Prepare loaf pan by greasing it or lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the ground cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the almond flour and mix again.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, ghee, honey, and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine until smooth.
- Add the dried fruits to the mixture and stir again.
- Empty the mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.