These all natural snacks/treats are absolutely amazing, making it easy to have nut-free snacks for the little ones at school and at home. They are all natural with no added sugars or other ingredients. When making these you can use any fruit at all, what is in season is usually best as they have the best flavour. Apples and strawberriesjust happened to be what I had on hand at the time of making these. Making this recipe is a terrific way to get the children involved in the kitchen. My family and I love cinnamon so I added a bit in this recipe, but did place that ingredient under optional as cinnamon is not everyone’s cup of tea. Mint is an excellent addition if you choose to do raspberry or blackberry Paleo Fruit Rolls.
2 large apples, cored and diced
2 cups strawberries, fresh, greens removed
1/4 cup water, purified
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F. If you do not have a teflex sheet prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Core and dice apples. Remove greens from strawberries
- Add diced apples, strawberries, 1/4 cup of purified water and cinnamon in a blender and process about 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour mixture on a teflex sheet or place on prepared baking sheet. Make sure the mixture is evenly spread, place in preheated oven for 3 hours. Times and temperatures may vary. You know it will be done when you touch it lightly and it will not be sticky.
- Once cooled enough to handle, flip on to new piece of parchment paper. Using a sharp scissors slice about strips about 1-2 inches thick going in the direction making long strips. This includes the parchment paper being cut. The parchment parchment paper will help in the rolling of the Fruit Strips.