Don’t have the time to commitment to making pie crust, but you are craving something sweet and delectable. This paleo gluten-free blueberry crumble is so flavourful that it taste just like a real slice of blueberry pie. Not only is it quick and easy to put together but also tastes incredible, and is paleo diet friendly and gluten-free. The almond crumble on top adds just the right amount of crunch to the blueberries. Fresh fruit makes a wonderful sweet, yet, healthy dessert. Especially when baked in the oven like this blueberry crumble. The flavours with this recipe are endless, just swap out different berries during the peak of summer when berries and other fruits are at their greatest. Remember to pick up a few extra pints of fruit to freeze them, so that during those cold winter months you can curl up with this wonderful warm fruit crumble.
2 pints fresh blueberries
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup (natural, raw)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp coarse sea salt
Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with the lemon juice.
- Divide between six ramekin dishes.
- Using the same small bowl, mix together almond flour, cinnamon, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, nutmeg until combined.
- Spoon the almond crumble over the blueberries. Add almond slivers on top of almond crumble pastry.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Number of Servings: 6 ramekinsby