There is nothing quite as satisfying then sinking your teeth in to a nice big juicy meatball sandwich with all the trimmings. With this recipes delicious alternative to the gooey cheese and the carb filled bread it will help keep you on track in your Paleo Diet Lifestyle while not missing out on all the mouth watering flavors. However, if you are not a big fan of zucchini, this Paleo Diet friendly loaf bread recipe would make for a wonderful alternative.
4 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp coconut milk
2 tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp paprika
1 lb. of grass-fed ground beef.
Zucchini “bread” and coconut sauce
4 very large zucchinis or 8 small ones (one per sandwich)
3 cloves of garlic
250g can coconut milk
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp curry powder
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees. Line two roasting trays with aluminum foil.
- Dice your tomato, onion and garlic. Set aside for zucchini “bread” and coconut sauce.
- For the meatballs, crack open your egg and mix in tomato, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper and coconut milk.
- Put your beef into a mixing bowl and using your hands knead in the egg mixture. Shape into little meatballs and place on roasting tray,put tray into heated oven for 20 minutes.
- While your meatballs cook, take washed zucchini and slice them in half length wise. Then dig out about 1/3 of the zucchini meat on one half and 1/2 the zucchini meat from the other zucchini half.
- Dice up the zucchini meat and add onion, tomato, garlic, salt, curry powder and add the coconut cream only (the water on the bottom is not needed)
- Mix everything and pour into your waiting zucchini tunnels. Remove your meatballs from the oven and place your zucchini into the oven at the same temperature.
- Cook your zucchini for 20 minutes uncovered and then cover them with a sheet of foil for another 10 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from oven and sprinkle some lemon juice on top. Place meatballs into the deeper zucchini half place your second zucchini half on top, slice in half.