This steak and eggs really brings cooking back to the basics of paleo diet eating. Of course more substance can be added to this recipe with a small fruit salad and or vegetables raw or cooked your desired way. This recipe is an excellent for after a hard workout due to the amount of protein packed in to this meal. Fancy ingredients are not needed, just a few spices that most of us already have lying around the kitchen transform this recipe into a incredibly delicious meal. This very basic recipe is easily put together in under 30 minutes.
4 Steaks sirloin or T-bone, room temperature
3 tsp Cracked peppercorns fresh
1 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Red pepper flakes
Cooking oil such as olive or coconut
4 slices Tomato
- Grease the grill pan or grill grates with the cooking oil using a heat proof basting brush.
- Heat the grill pan or outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Add the peppercorn, salt, garlic powder, and pepper flakes in a bowl and combine.
- Rub the spice mixture on the steak on all sides.
- Add the steaks and grill for 5-7 minutes (for medium rare) or until the steak is cooked to the desired temperature. Set aside to rest.
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Crack one egg at a time and cook until desired doneness.
- Serve the steak with the egg and a tomato slice. Season with salt and pepper.
Number of Servings: 4by