This is a terrific twist on your traditional breakfast frittata recipe . With being mostly zucchini with the delicious kick of added chorizo makes this recipe excellent for breakfast or a brunch dish. You will just love how all the flavours come together in this recipe. Now if you see a vegetable in this recie that you do not like, do not worry, you can mix and match all different types of vegetables depending on what you have left over in your fridge or what happens to be your favourite. The measurements in this recipe are not exact, you can use as little or as much as you like. A couple key points to remember when making this frittata, it is meant to be a zucchini base more than anything, and the amount of eggs need can vary as you only need enough to cover the vegetable and chorizo mix. With all the savoury flavours this zucchini and chorizo breakfast frittata recipe is not only absolutely delicious but quite filling. It is sure to be a hit or the whole family to enjoy or a brunch party for all your friends.
2-3 large zucchini
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms
2-3 links chorizo, casings removed
1 tsp coarse sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the chorizo in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Set aside.
- Grate all of the zucchini and put into a large bowl. Using a paper towel, press some of the moisture out of the zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Combine all of the ingredients, including cooked chorizo, in the large bowl and mix together. Make sure you have enough eggs to coat the whole mixture. More then 5 eggs may be needed depending on how much zucchini, chorizo, and vegetables used.
- Warm about a 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini mixture into the pan. Cover and cook about 5 minutes until the eggs start to set on the bottom.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the eggs are firm. Remove and let rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve.
Number of Servings: 6by