Going out to restaurants is sometimes quite hard to do, especially when you can not be certain as to what the chefs are using in their cooking. With this recipe I have taken on of my favourite Indian recipe and made it paleo diet friendly. Personally I enjoy serving this chunky chicken in a paleo tandoori sauce on a bed of cauliflower rice and a side of vegetables, however, the choice of sides are completely yours to make. This dish is sure to be a hit with friends and family.
2 lb chicken breasts, fat trimmed and cut into palm sized portions
4 cups chicken broth, homemade and paleo
1/2 onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch sea salt
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper, optional but highly recommended
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp black pepper
- Fill a large pot with chicken stock and add the garlic and onion and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the chicken breasts and after 2 minutes, reduce to low and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes, until chicken is just cooked and no longer pink.
- Remove pot of chicken from heat and drain immediately, while reserving about 1 cup of broth. Allow chicken to cool.
- Once cooled, place chicken back into the pot.
- Add the tandoori sauce, if you prefer a saucier chicken tandoori use the reserved broth from step 4 and add slowly while stirring until desired sauciness is achieved and serve immediately.
To make Tandoori Sauce:
- Combine all the spices into a small bowl and add the coconut milk and mix until fully incorporated. Adjust spices to suit taste. If you like really spicy sauce, go a bit overboard with the cayenne pepper and smoked paprika.