Granola is nice to keep around when you need a snack with some protein and fat in it. Great as a cereal in the morning with some almond or coconut milk. Always a great option to bring on long road trips to prevent unnecessary snack on food and at places that are not exactly Paleo Friendly. Fall is such a beautiful season, and this Pumpkin Paleo Granola brings the taste and feel of Fall during any season of the year.
1 cup almond meal
1½ cup sliced almonds
1½ cup coconut flakes, coarsely chopped
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
½ cup Medjool dates, coarsely chopped
½ cup pumpkin puree (click for homemade recipe)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup coconut oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup (raw, natural, sugar-free)
- Preheat the oven to 275 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a very large bowl combine coconut flakes, almond flour, dates, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds and pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup (if you’re using), pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to a dry ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the granola in a thin layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning.