With the cold weather sneaking up on us now in the evening, a bowl of delicious warm soup is an excellent choice for dinner. The creaminess from the avocado with the smoky flavour of the roasted red peppers truly compliment one another. With the addition of the sausage, not only does it make it heartier but gives a nice savoury and juicy flavour. Personally chopping the sausage chunks in to smaller pieces is my favourite as you tend to get a little chunks of delicious sausage with every spoonful. Left overs of this Roasted Red Pepper And Avocado Paleo Soup With Sausage is the perfect way to make for an easier work week lunch meals. If stored properly can be frozen to make for quick in advanced dinner meals as well.
3-4 roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
1 avocado, pitted
1 yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
½ lime, juiced
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
2-3 tbsp paleo fat of choice (bacon fat is best)
salt and pepper, to taste
½ avocado, diced, to garnish
chopped cilantro, to garnish
4-5 cooked sausage of choice
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add in your fat, garlic and onion. Cook up onions until they are translucent.
- Then add in your roasted red peppers with broth and coconut milk along with your smoked paprika, paprika, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt and pepper. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, slice up your sausages and cook on a skillet on both sides.
- Once everything has simmered, scoop out your avocado and add to the saucepan along with your lime juice.
- Then use an immersion blender to mix until soup is smooth and creamy. If you do not have an immersion blender, add it to your food processor.
- Top soup with diced avocado, chopped cilantro, and sausage.