Salmon is filled with amazing health benefits like; high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals such as potassium, selenium and vitamin B12. Most importantly it is the content of omega-3 fatty acids. Making this a wonderful appetizer, snack or even a light lunch. The fresh herbs, touch of homemade mayonnaise spread of a slice of crispy cucumber is a fantastic burst of flavour.
12 oz. smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
3 tbsp paleo mayonnaise
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped and some for garnishing
1-2 English cucumbers, sliced and peeled if preferred
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. drained capers
- In a bowl, combine the green onions, dill, capers, and mayonnaise.
- Add the chopped salmon, give the mixture a good stir, and season to taste.
- Make each cucumber slice into a small cup by scooping out the centre with a small spoon, leaving the bottom intact.
- Fill each cucumber cup with the salmon mixture.
- Sprinkle some fresh dill, season to taste, and serve.