With Fall quickly approaching, there is nothing better then getting an early jump on creating recipes that bring out the beauty of this beautiful season. These cookies have a delicious soft and chewy texture, it is almost like eating a nice slice of perfectly seasoned apple pie with out all the guilt. Along with making cookies from this recipe, you can also make mini muffins, bake for the time you would for the cookies and if they seem a little under cooked increase the bake time by 1-2 minutes at a time until tooth pick inserted in to the centre of one mini muffin comes out clean. The link attached to the Smooth Paleo Almond Butter recipe is an unsweetened version, which is required for this recipe as the sweetness is added to your personal taste with the natural and raw honey, to off set the tartness of the apples you choose to use.
1 cup unsweetened smooth almond butter
1/2 cup honey, raw and natural
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
half an apple of choosing, diced (preferably a more tart apple)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated on a microplane
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degress F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, honey, egg, baking soda, and salt until well incorporated. Add apple, spices, and ginger and stir to combine.
- Spoon batter onto a baking sheet, batter may need to be spread a bit to get it into a round shape about 1-2 inches apart from each other as they will spread a bit.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until slightly set.
- Remove cookies and allow to cool on pan for about 5-10 minutes. Then finish cooling on a cooling rack.