Casseroles are an extremely wonderful meal to start your day off just right, easy to make and the cost to make on is quite low. When making casseroles always use fresh whole vegetables and organic hormone free meats. Which helps keep out stomach from rolling the rest of the morning into early afternoon, it also keeps inflammation down as we are not consuming foods that create problems in our bodies. Everyone is different and some do different variations of the paleo diet lifestyle as not everyone can handle certain foods the same. I find when eating a terrific casserole in the morning for breakfast, I feel less bloated through out the day, as this dish is most certainly filling it does not sit heavy. Keep in mind that I absolutely love spicy foods and this recipe is on the spicier side, you can ton it down to suit your personal spiciness desire.
12 oz ground pork
10-12 button mushrooms, sliced, about 2 cups
½ large white onion, diced, about ¾ cup
10 eggs, free-range organic
¼ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp kosher salt
pinch of black pepper
½ tsp granulated garlic
pinch of cayenne pepper or ground chipotle pepper
9 to 10 whole green chiles, diced
1 tbsp of fat, lard, ghee, or avocado oil work well
Chunky Paleo Guacamole
Basic Paleo Guacamole
Avocado, diced for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high and melt in the fat of choice.
- Combine the ground pork and dry spices together, then brown in the preheated pan for about 5 minutes.
- While the ground pork is cooking, slice the mushrooms, dice the green chillies, and dice the onions. Add them to the par-cooked ground pork.
- Allow ingredients to cook together for an additional five minutes, while 10 eggs are cracked and whisked.
- Remove the pork mixture from the heat.
- Place the pork and vegetable mixture into a 2.5 qt baking dish.
- Now slowly pour the whisked eggs over the entire casserole, ensuring it’s even distributed, do not mix or disturb the pork and vegetable mixture.
- Cover the dish and bake for about 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Serve warm with some fresh cilantro, guacamole and/or hot sauce.
Number of Servings: 6by