By not pre-cooking the zucchini it adds the crunch factor to this dish. The stuffing is wonderfully flavoured making these stuffed paleo zucchini quite filling. Serve with a side of paleo cauliflower rice, steam or sauteed vegetables, even a beautifully fresh prepared salad.
1 lb Italian sausage, loose
2 cups baby spinach, torn
1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
2 zucchini, medium in size
1 tsp rosemary, dried or fresh and finely chopped
1 tsp oregano, dried
sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add loose sausage. Crumble while cooking.
- In a bowl, combined just-cooked crumbled Italian sausage, torn baby spinach, and chopped sundried tomatoes. Cook just until spinach is wilted, and well combined.
- While sausage mixture is cooking, cut zucchini in half length wise, scoop out the centre seeds and a bit of flesh.
- Spoon mixture into zucchini and bake at 425 degrees F until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.