Nuts and seeds are a great option for healthy, paleo snacks. Sometimes though we do get a little bored of plain nuts and seeds while trying to keep away from the added salt we tend to avoid the pre-packaged, store bought nuts and seeds. There are obviously plain nuts and seeds that you can purchase and simply roast yourself with the seasoning of your choice. Pumpkin seeds and vanilla make and excellent combination, with this Vanilla Paleo Pumpkin Seed clusters, you will get the sweet and savoury flavour that we all crave every now and then. These can be used as delicious toppers on a nice summer salad, snacks through out the day, as well as health little dessert treats. This recipe can be played with in terms of cutting the amount of pumpkin seeds to add different nuts and seeds while still maintaining the 115g or 1/2 cup measurement ratio to the other portions ingredients. Be creative and have fun!
115g (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp honey (natural, raw and sugar-free)
2 tsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F or 150 degrees C. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey, coconut sugar and vanilla. Stir together to create a thick paste then add a small drop of boiled water to thin it out and create a runny syrup.
- Pour in the pumpkin seeds and stir them around in the mixture to evenly coat them.
- Dollop a generous teaspoon full of the pumpkin seeds onto a baking sheet, repeat until all the mixture is used up. Cook for 15-20 minutes until most of the seeds have browned, do not let them burn.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Once they’ve cooled a little, yet still warm press the clusters together to make sure they don’t fall apart. They dry quickly.
- Once cooled and dried, they’re ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes maximum
Number of Servings: 30 Clusters