Long ago, before starting my journey on the paleo diet lifestyle another go to recipe for my family and I for breakfast was left over mashed potato fritters. Since finding out all the benefits to beginning the paleo diet lifestyle, I had to find a alternative to this family favourite. Zucchini was never a enjoyable vegetable of my families and realized that when something is not liked, it is usually due to not being prepared properly. However, frying these zucchini fritters is exactly what it took to change my families mind on zucchini.
2 zucchini, grated
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp coconut flour
4 scallions, sliced
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp chives, roughly chopped
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together the shredded zucchini and sea salt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze the water out of the zucchini and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Stir in the coconut flour, egg, scallions, cayenne, and pepper.
- Add the coconut oil to a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, form six fritters and place them in the skillet. Brown on each side then set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped chives and paleo sour cream or paleo guacamole on the side.
Number of Servings: 6 Frittersby